Pink Prom, to be held on Friday, May 3, 2013 at the Hotel Tides Restaurant & Spa, is a FUNDRAISING event where the community will have the chance to support an organization that has performed countless good deeds. This year, for the 1st Annual Pink Prom, proceeds will benefit The Pride Network.
The Pride Network strives to develop a more involved and informed LGBTQ community through leadership programs and practical solutions that build, educate and empower sustainable community networks. The organization ...also looks to a time when a fundamental part of being an LGBTQ individual is the opportunity to access a community that empowers and informs its members about their collective past, present and future.
“My goal in starting this annual event was not only to allow our community to come together and have a good time at an event where in our younger lives, in high school, we may not have been able to enjoy the prom with someone of the same sex. But I also wanted, as a gay community leader, to do something that would be financially beneficial for an organization doing so many good deeds for us,” said Eric Pinckney, author of the city’s LGBTQ blog, “Living in the gay scene of Asbury Park”.
Pink Prom, to be held from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m., is a 21-and-over only event and will include the following:
• Free admission to Paradise nightclub for the after-party;
• Passed hors d’oeuvres and buffet;
• Absolut drink specials all night;
• Three complimentary spiked punch bowls, and cash bar available;
• Live entertainment provided by Josh Zuckerman and Nasty Nick. Zuckerman is a nationally-known singer, songwriter and musician who also performs locally. Nasty Nick is a rapper/artist/performer who has had numerous successes in the recording industry;
• Drag performance by Miss Honorary Hotel Tides 2013, Morgan Lefaye;
• Dancing with DJ Mick Hale;
• Desserts provided by Sugarush;
• A local photographer to snap memorable prom photos of attendees;
• 2013 Prom Queen presentation by a special guest;
• Special commemorative book.
The cost for tickets is $60 per person if purchased by March 15th; $75 per person if purchased after. Tickets are on sale at the Hotel Tides, located at 408 7th Ave. in Asbury Park; tickets are also available online at www.hoteltides.com.
Discounted rooms are available at the Hotel Tides for the weekend of this event when you mention promo code “prom”. Call for reservations at 732-897-7744.
In addition, a coupon is available to receive $5 boutonnieres and $10 corsage/wristlets at Peter James Floral Couture, located at 1401 Ocean Ave. @ the Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel in Asbury Park. Call 732-455-5525.
For more information on this event, contact:
Ryan Jimenez, Manager of Hotel Tides, 732-897-7744
or Eric Pinckney, Event Founder, 609-774-3742